Two Bite Apple Pies are a mini version of regular apple pie. They are small enough to be considered a cookie, with all the flavor of a classic apple pie! Two Bite Apple Pies are the ultimate On-The-Go Apple Pie.
Easy Slow Cooker Prep
The apple filling is made in the slow cooker. Just mix in a few ingredients (brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and lemon juice) and let the slow cooker do the work. Once the filling is ready, the crusts are ready to fill and bake!
Pack them up for On-The-Go!
These two bite apple pies make a perfect, portable dessert to take to holidays, take on a picnic, or pack for a great camping dessert! They are also small enough to box up to give away as gifts. As a bonus, if there is any apple filling leftover, it tastes great on top of yogurt or oatmeal.
- 5 Apples, peeled and diced (I used Granny Smith)
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts (I used refrigerated pie crusts from the store)
- 2 Tbs milk
- 2 Tbs coarse sugar
- Toss the diced apples and the cornstarch together in a bowl. Pour the apples into a slow cooker.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and lemon juice in a bowl. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the apples.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove apples from the slow cooker and store in an airtight container, refrigerated, until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut into 3" circles.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the apple filling in the center of a circle, fold over in half, and crimp the edges to seal. Repeat for the remaining crust circles.
- Brush the top of the half circles with milk, then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown.