It’s that time of year! The beginning of fall means Pumpkin Spice Everything! I love all things pumpkin, and I couldn’t wait to tweak my Chocolate Pecan Granola recipe to reflect the flavors of fall. With just a few tweaks, I had Pumpkin Spice Granola in the oven! Since the pumpkin puree is very moist, I eliminated the honey as sweetener from the original Chocolate recipe, and increased the brown sugar instead. I also added the classic pumpkin spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. To coat everything evenly, I kept the coconut oil the same as the original recipe. This smelled so good in the oven! The house was filled with the fall aroma of pumpkin spice. This granola is perfect for breakfast with milk, or as an addition to yogurt and fruit. It’s also great just to snack on plain!
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Combine the oats and pecans in a large bowl and mix to combine
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir well
- Toss the oat mixture with the sugar and pumpkin mixture. Stir well to coat the oats and pecans.
- Spread the oat mixture on a large baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.