Granola is such a great food to pack along on adventures. It is lightweight, dense in calories, and delicious. It is easy to customize granola to fit your tastes and preferences. I love this Chocolate-Pecan Granola. It packs a nutrition wallop with whole grain oats, pecans, and coconut oil. Not to mention, the chocolate makes it decadent! Pack some of this granola on your next trip! It is great on top of yogurt, eaten as a cereal with milk, or even just eaten as is for a snack.
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sugar, pecans, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, warm the coconut oil and honey over low heat until melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the oil and honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir very well to coat the dry ingredients with the liquid.
- Spread the mixture on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. (Oats will look golden brown)
- Remove from the oven, then gently mix in the chocolate while still warm.