The New Year is always a great time to set new goals, plan some trips, and get ready for new adventures. Reviewing my past year, I was able to accomplish a lot in 2016, and I am ready for some 2017 adventures! My focus is always on getting outdoors, trying new adventures, experiencing nature, and challenging myself with trail running and races. I’ve picked a mix of adventures (both in Florida and out of state), trail races (some new and some favorites of mine), and some new nearby trails to check out. Check out my Bucket List of 17 Adventures for 2017!
My adventure list for 2017!
- Myakka River State Park in Florida
- Hiking at Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas.
- Visiting Mayan ruins in Mexico
- Overnight camping and trail running at the Santos Trails near Ocala, Florida.
- Snorkeling in the underground spring at Devil’s Den
- Section hiking the Appalachian Trail at Amicalola Falls
My Goal Races for 2017!
- Croom Zoom 25K – registered!
- Sasquatch 15K
- Starkey Stomp Half Marathon– registered!
- Trout Creek 15K
- River ‘N Rapids 10K
- XTERRA The Claw 5 Miler or 10 Miler
- John Holmes Trail Run
- XTERRA Wildhorse 10 Miler
Some new local trails to discover.
- Cypress Creek Preserve in Land O’ Lakes, FL
- Connor Preserve in Land O’ Lakes, FL
- Running one continuous loop on the new Starkey Park Mountain Bike Trails once they are complete!
Where Will 2017 Take You?
I am excited for some new challenges, trails, and adventures in 2017. What will be your adventures for the new year? How will you step out of your comfort zone and discover something new?
“If you find something very difficult to achieve yourself, don’t imagine it impossible—for anything possible and proper for another person can be achieved as easily by you,” Marcus Aurelius